Sunday, December 1, 2013

Trainer Road Update...

So here's yesterday's workout from TrainerRoad (www.trainerroad.com).

After about a week of using it I'm starting to understand the program a little better and find it loaded with potential.

Workouts can be scaled up or down depending on the intensity you want and the on screen coaching works pretty well.  For example in the 4 tempo blocks shown here the coaching prompts tell you what goal is for cadence in each block, when to work out-of-saddle and what to watch for in terms of form (knees straight up and down, light on the pedals, kick forward over the top of the pedal stroke, etc.).

So I think this will be my trainer software of choice for when I'm stuck indoors this season.  Now I just need to figure out how to best work with video to keep longer workouts entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment