Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tour of Sufferlandria - Stage 6 Report



Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 6 - Done!To view the suffering click here

And just in time because at the end of the third interval, I began to sense a soft, warm glow begin to crack the gloom of my "Very Dark Place". I was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside & thinking, "This isn't so bad, I expected much worse".

Turns out the warm glow was from Sufferlandrian lava, flowing toward me like a tidal wave about to engulf another dropped rider. Worse yet, riding the crest of the lava wave was a Minion on a surf board, stick in hand & cursing at me from behind to increase the suffering or meet my well deserved fate.

Thankfully just as I was about to feel the crack of the Minion's stick on my back and the heat of the lava was about to melt my rear tire, I found some "inspired power" and rang a new 2 minute watt-based PR out of my suffering, wretched body.

Now, time for some recovery for tomorrow's stage. Bring on some of that hearty Suffererlandrian Ale & any left-over porridge from this mornings breakfast.


To view the suffering click here: http://www.trainerroad.com/tour-of-sufferlandria/dmengle


No comments:

Post a Comment