Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A 60th Wedding Anniversary

Don and Jo Anne Mengle
60th Wedding Anniversary
09/27/15
"Jo Anne and Don Mengle - 60th Wedding Anniversary"
State College, PA - 09/27/15

I’ve been on the fence about publishing this photo for over a week now. My parents are relatively modest, quiet and private people who have never sought or needed a lot of attention in their lives… either together or as individuals. But a week ago they achieved something very special and very rare these days which I think deserves special recognition.

On 27 September 2015 they celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary together with a small group of friends and family! This is an almost unheard of milestone for any couple of any era to reach and I would like to recognize their achievement once again here with this photograph of them together.

In their 60 years together they have seen and achieved a lot. They have seen times of war and thankfully… some peace. They have seen and lived through good and bad economic times. They have seen man land on the moon and a presidential assassination. And they have raised two children and now enjoy the company of three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren as well.

And from my point of view they have been the best parents and role models I could have ever wished for. They have taught me the value of hard work and perseverance. They have taught me the value of strong personal and moral values. And most of all they have demonstrated wonderful life can be together when two people love, respect and absolutely support each other through both good times and bad.

So to my parent’s Don and Jo Anne... I once again say “Happy Anniversary” and "Thank you"!  And I hope you are not embarrassed that I’ve recognized you in this way... because you deserve it :-)

Like   Comment   Share
Scott M. Brady, Gene Maylock, Jenny Sielicki and 14 others like this.

Comments
Kelly Pinard Denmeade
Kelly Pinard Denmeade congrats! Dave I hope your parents are proud and realize what they have accomplished-love, marriage, family and more family. Thanks for sharing my old friend..
Like · Reply · October 3 at 5:47pm

Kt Partridge
Kt Partridge So great!
Like · Reply · October 3 at 8:30pm

Greg Greene
Greg Greene They should be as proud of you as you are of them.
Like · Reply · October 3 at 10:18pm

No comments: